When it comes to picking harness dildos, there are a couple of things to take into consideration. As with other sex toys, finding the right harness dildo comes down to taste and preference – whether that’s color, size, material, or any other accessory you’d like to use during your pegging shenanigans.
Aside from using vibrators, introducing some floggers, role-playing, or simple penis gags or two makes for the perfect combination – strapping you on for quite the kinky journey.
When it comes to the harness dildos themselves, there are some factors to take into consideration before buying one. Here are some things to consider before deciding to purchase any related product.
One of the most commonly asked questions is one of materials – specifically with regards to the dildo itself. That’s the one material you will be focusing on, as it’s the only insertable part of the whole set (excluding other accessories or add-ons).
Some of the most popular dildo materials are silicone, PVC, soft plastics, glass, or wood. For harness dildos, the majority of them will be soft plastic, PVC, or silicone.
- Be safe. Choose options that won’t harm or irritate your skin and are safe for insertion. Make sure to not use harness dildos made from materials you’re allergic to.
- Note the lube. Most water-based lubes are fine, but try not to pair silicone toys with silicone lube, as it can damage and destroy the toy.
- Look for more vibrations. If you want a real kick from your vibrator, use dildos made from materials that are harder (glass, hardwood, and metal)
Style and Texture
Harness dildos, aside from coming in all kinds of sizes, also vary in style and texture. Depending on the kind of feel you’re looking for when penetrated, strap-ons can either be plain or textured. In essence, these create a different feel – a more realistic penis texture (most commonly felt with ‘realistic’ dildos) or a solid or smooth surface usually accompanied by bright colors. There’s no right or wrong style, just personal preference. In addition to this, the curvature of the dildo makes a massive difference depending on what position you prefer to use it in, so choose wisely.
While it’s all fun and games to use giant dildos during sex, they can potentially spell a very uncomfortable experience for the receiving partner. Size is the most important thing to be mindful of when selecting harness dildos. This is since harness dildos can massively affect your experience when using them. For example, most penis-wielding individuals are not going to be too happy having a 10-inch dildo going up their butt as first-timers (unless they’re into that sort of thing). So, whatever your preferences are, make sure to double-check how big of a dildo you’re purchasing!
If there’s an ultimate list of best harness compatible dildos out there, at least a quarter of it will surely include a vibrating dildo or a bullet vibrator, both of which amp up the pleasure. The thing about vibrations is that most people love them, or rather the buzzing sensation they give off when used. Still, not everyone is into it, of course, but if you are a fan, then opt for vibrating harness dildos, as they’re the easiest option to get you started. Alternatively, you can always add a bullet, rabbit, or any other vibrator as an additional toy to your sexcapades.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Last but not least is the not-so-sexy topic of cleaning and maintaining your harness dildos. Depending on the toy you have, there are very different methods of cleaning you’ll have to learn about and handle.
- Porous dildos. It’s evident in the name, but opting for any kind of porous materials (those that show tiny holes in the toy) is going to make for a bigger hassle to clean. Toys like these will take more time to maintain and clean before use, which means disinfecting them often and ensuring they don’t harbor any icky bacteria after being used.
- Non-porous dildos. Standing in the opposite corner are the hard, smooth materials, which are easier to wipe after a kinky adventure. Some good ‘ole fashioned soap and water will do the trick for most of them – just make sure you do it before and after use!
What are harness dildos?
Harness dildos are a type of sex toy that can be attached to a harness. They vary in size, material, feel, and look. But, they typically come with O-rings attached to the harness straps. This makes the toy easier to use. Regardless, any of the above-listed harness dildos is considered a superb pick for your naughty games.
What are the best harness compatible dildos?
Always look for harness dildos with a flared base or suction cup. Most products will mention the dildo specifics and list if the model contains either of the two or additional compatible elements.
Can harness dildos vibrate?
Yes. Vibrating dildos are one kind of harness dildos that vibrate. All vibrating dildos are wireless, remote-controlled devices, or contain ‘pockets’ to insert a bullet vibrator.